Useful vocabulary/phrases to end the Introduction part:
Vocabulary for the Introduction Part:
- In the introduction part of your IELTS essay, you should write sentences relevant to the topic given and generally accepted ideas about it. Use your best English here as it will attract or bore your reader about the whole writing. You will make or break your impression in this paragraph. Be very cautious about the introduction part. Never just copy the sentence of the question. If you really need to, use synonyms and different sentence structures.
1) Mobile phones and the Internet are two great innovations of science for communication and have been facilitating people for a long time. These two technologies are widely used in almost all the countries of the world and had become a part of our daily lives. We can’t deny the usefulness of these technologies as they had made our life easier than it was ever before. In my opinion, the advantages of these two devices far outweigh the demerits they have.
2) Every human being with an ambition of getting higher knowledge requires attending colleges or universities. The main reason for attending universities or colleges may differ from man to man. Someone may aspire to achieve greater knowledge, someone may just want to earn a certificate or someone might attribute it as a step towards career development.
3) Compared with people in the past, we concern far less about the preparation of food today, thanks to the development of agriculture and scientific technology. A fair amount of beneficial influence is occurring to us consequently.
- Let us examine both views before reaching a concrete decision.
- The following paragraphs discuss whether …… or …… and reach a reasonable conclusion.
- The following essay takes a look at both sides of the argument.
- My two cents go for…
- However, I strongly believe that…
- I oppose the view and my reasons will be explained in the following paragraphs.
- I will support this view with arguments in the following paragraphs.
- I personally believe that…
- Thus the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages…
- I wholeheartedly believe that this trend should be changed.